Friday, May 8, 2009

....and the TarGard takes care of the rest!

Happy Friday! We are enjoying the sunshine here in Traverse City, Michigan - it's about time that spring arrived!

Today's post is brought to us by Dan, a loyal TarGard user. Here is Dan's words to you:

I've been a smoker for 30 years, and I've always tried to minimize my exposure to the harmful effects. In the past this meant smoking "low tar" brands and attempting to limit myself to 5 cigarettes a day. First, the problem with "low tar" cigarettes is they just don't taste very good. The reason is simple: they achieve reductions in tar and nicotine not by removing these substances, but by mixing outside air with the smoke. The problem with this is that when you mix air with tobacco smoke it becomes dry, harsh and bitter tasting. I also struggled to keep myself at 5 a day!

I'd gradually smoke more and more until I was up to 10 a day. Then I'd start feeling the effects - namely a "cigarette cough". So I'd quit altogether for a few months, then return to it and then cycle would start all over again.

After 3 decades of this, it was time for a change. After some experimentation, I've finally come up with something that really works. I roll my own cigarettes using air-cured Virginia tobacco, which is naturally lower in tar and nicotine. To this I add a 15mm cellulose filter. Then I tip the whole thing with a TarGard original disposable filter. The cellulose removes some of the tar and nicotine and the TarGard takes care of the rest!

The result: a smoke which is exceptionally mile and delightfully flavorful!

The benefits of the dramatically low tar of these cigarettes were immediately apparent - no irritation of the mouth, throat or lungs. But I've also noticed a considerable side benefit: since these smokes contain very little nicotine, I'm no longer addicted. Looking back, what always drove my cycles of escalating use was the craving for nicotine.

I now smoke 3 cigarettes a day - one with my morning coffee, one after lunch and one in the evening. And I'm never bothered by nicotine cravings!! Finally, something that really works and the TarGard is what's made it possible!

What a great, educational post! Thanks Dan!

This is what works for Dan - what works for you?? Let me know by e-mailing me at khoxie@venturi-inc.com

To learn more about TarGard please visit us at www.targard.com

No comments: